Soul Drive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Original RPG...Soul Drive.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter 4: Grasp His Ball, Win the Game!

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RedGangsterBear
Admin
RedGangsterBear

Chapter 4: Grasp His Ball, Win the Game! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Grasp His Ball, Win the Game!   Chapter 4: Grasp His Ball, Win the Game! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 5:36 pm

The ball went flying back, going behind Strohs. Ivan took off, running full speed towards John and Strohs. He was clearly going around Strohs to get the ball...

Strohs jumped back, but found himself stopped. John had tackled Strohs midsection.

"Put your whole body into it..."

"That's what he meant!" Strohs thought. John smiled. But Strohs did as well...

Strohs managed to land on his feet, supporting both his weight and Johns. John was shocked. Ivan cept running. Leo broke into a run towards them.Mr. Strohs jumped back yet again, John still holding on to him. He reached his hand out for the ball, and almost had it-

"Nope!" Ivan yelled, grabbing Strohs arm before he could get the ball.
Back to top Go down
http://heroeslegacy.forumotion.com
Gohan2535

Gohan2535

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Grasp His Ball, Win the Game!   Chapter 4: Grasp His Ball, Win the Game! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 5:40 pm

Strohs went for the ball with his other hand, but Leo was there, he struck a point close to Strohs' armpit. This cause a slight muscle spasm. Strohs' arm flailed, hitting the ball higher upwards.

Leo then grabbed Strohs' other arm. Stroh's was trapped, unable to move a limb, he couldn't get the ball...

"It's all you Cray...." Leo thought

"Whoa!" One of the students said.

"I'll get it!" another said, rushing.

"No! I will!" Another, shoving another, then running for the ball....

But then....
Back to top Go down
SSJRMS

SSJRMS

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Grasp His Ball, Win the Game!   Chapter 4: Grasp His Ball, Win the Game! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 5:54 pm

Cray had been silently manuevering to the blindside of Stroh ever since the main part of the plan started. All that was left now was his part. The shortest boy, virtually unnoticed by his peers save for Amara and Savannah, who had been more or less watching the spectacle and knowing of Cray's plan, rushed forward, leapt up onto his teacher's shoulders, and springboarded off of him, reaching out for the playground ball.

His hands enclosed the ball, and instinctively he drew it closer to him. He coiled only once, an impressive feat for a nerd that was athletically disclined, before landing on his feet. His legs could barely contain the strain, however. Still hugging the ball, the preteen slipped and fell on his ass, still with a grip on the equipment in question.
Back to top Go down
RedGangsterBear
Admin
RedGangsterBear

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Grasp His Ball, Win the Game!   Chapter 4: Grasp His Ball, Win the Game! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 6:18 pm

Strohs hit the ground, the three students still holding on to him. All the students began to crowd around Cray, congratulating him (and trying to get the ball)

"And that's...how its done..." Ivan laughed. John laughed and nodded. Leo smirked ever so slightly. Stroh put his palms on the gym floor, and pushed.

Ivan, John, and Leo all went flying off of Strohs body as he pushed himself off the ground onto his feet.

"Jeez..." one of the students said, seeing his strength. Suddenly, the air seemed to grow heavier. It almost seemed to have a vibration to it...

And it all emanated from Strohs. He slowly turned to look at Cray, and the students around Cray immediatly moved away from him. Some fell over as they fled.

"What is this pressure..." John said, almost getting dizzy as he tried to stand up. Leo was silent, but similarly surprised.

"I've felt this before...it's just like him..." Ivan thought. Mr. Strohs began to walk towards Cray, who couldn't bring himself to stand up. The closer Strohs got, the heavier his body seemed to be.

"Clever plan...Vasquez attacks me directly, while using Lawson to make me go for the ball. I go for the ball, and Vasquez tackles me. You were smart enough to know I would be able to move even with him on me, and has Lawson stop me from getting the ball." Strohs began, explaining Crays plan to the class. He was standing in front of Cray now, appearing to tower over him.

"Than having Sacrier get the ball away from me, and stop my other arm. Meanwhile, all along you were sneaking around, using your lack of a presence and the others as a misdirection to get the ball yourself."

The pressure immediatly ceased as soon as it came. Stroh cracked a smile, impressed.

"And I fell for it..."
Back to top Go down
saskestheman

saskestheman

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Grasp His Ball, Win the Game!   Chapter 4: Grasp His Ball, Win the Game! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 7:12 pm

The pressure that was in the air had vanished and the feeling of being dizzy vanished along with it allowing John to get up without any trouble.

"Man...that was just like last time" John said as he recalled the feeling that his coach had given off when he first saw him in that meeting. He could only assume every teacher or coach in the school had the same level of strength or higher.

John pushed the thought aside for the moment and walked up towards Cray who had also gotten up but was still holding his trophy so to speak.

"That was one heck of a plan you had there" John said patting Cray on the back.
Back to top Go down
RedGangsterBear
Admin
RedGangsterBear

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Grasp His Ball, Win the Game!   Chapter 4: Grasp His Ball, Win the Game! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 7:56 pm

Strohs walked away, going over to his chair to grab his clipboard. The actually important characters ran up to greet Cray. Amara opened her arms, and embraced Cray in a hug.

The twelve year olds face went directly into her chest, and he blushed as a result.

"You did great Cray!" she said, letting him go. Cray was still blushing, but spoke up. "I-I didn't really do that much, I mean...they did all the work."

"Your plan..." Leo said, standing next to Savannah who smiled and nodded. Ivan grabbed Cray and put him in a light headlock.

"Definitely couldn't have done it without you." Ivan said, "You would make a good Shikamaru, you know?"
Back to top Go down
SSJRMS

SSJRMS

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Grasp His Ball, Win the Game!   Chapter 4: Grasp His Ball, Win the Game! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:19 pm

"Uh, yeah, sure," Cray said, not even knowing what the hell Ivan just referenced. He figured it had something to do with a fairly popular manga, though.

I grasped the ball... thought the athletically disinclined kid. They did all the work, though. I only had a vague idea that would even work...but more importantly...what was that pressure that Mr. Strohs exhibited right after getting up...I couldn't move at all...

Cray internally shook his head clear of the distracting thoughts, and relaxed his grip on the ball, having somehow not released it during the faceful of chest he'd just gotten.

Figure this out later...you came up with a plan to get the ball!
Back to top Go down
RedGangsterBear
Admin
RedGangsterBear

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Grasp His Ball, Win the Game!   Chapter 4: Grasp His Ball, Win the Game! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:35 pm

As everyone aplauded Cray, Stroh spoke up from his chair.

"I don't know what your all so happy about...Mr. Green was the only one to get the ball. So far, only he has passed."

Their was a silence. Ivan put his head down, his hair hanging down to cover his eyes. His armhold on Cray tightened, choking the twelve year old boy. Cray gasped for air for a few seconds, until Ivan stood up.

The teen took a few steps away, until finnaly turning his head to reveal a sad expression.

"You betrayed us..."

"Don't be so dramatic!" Amara yelled back. John adjusted his gloves, determined. "Looks like i'll have to try again than..." Just as he said this, the bell rang.

"Oh...look at that...the rest of you fail..." Strohs said, standing up to leave. Johns complexion turned a paper white. Leo let out a sigh, and began to leave. The rest of the class left in outrage, leaving Cray to sit there, the ball having rolled a bit away from him.

Back to top Go down
SSJRMS

SSJRMS

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Grasp His Ball, Win the Game!   Chapter 4: Grasp His Ball, Win the Game! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:50 pm

Cray looked around, watching the receding figures. He took a look to the right, and saw the ball rolling there idly by. Instead of taunting him with failure, now it was taunting him by him being the sole one to pass the class.

Just like in elementary school...

With a restrained sigh, the youngest kid rose to his feet, leaving the ball on the gym floor.

Even though most of my peers hate my guts, this isn't new to me at all. I've been the one breaking curves before...
Back to top Go down
saskestheman

saskestheman

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Grasp His Ball, Win the Game!   Chapter 4: Grasp His Ball, Win the Game! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 9:22 pm

The rest of the day went on like a normal school day except for the fight or two that happened was just a normal part of the school tradition. After everyone had gone home and the after school activity’s finally started John was grouped with the others at the starting line. There was only a hand full of people left who haven’t passed the test or haven’t given up and none of them looked like they were going to give up any time soon. Coach Hillshot stood in front of them holding his stop watch and stared at them closely.

“You all know the drill” Their coach said as he put his thumb over the start button and everyone took a starting pose. Everything was silent as they waited for their coach to press the button signaling them to begin. After a few seconds their coach pressed the button causing a clicking sound “Go” he said and at the same time each student took off.

John could definitely feel that he was getting faster but the question was would it be enough to get him across the finish in under the time limit. Time passed and they were finally reaching the goal, they could see their coach waiting for them as he would do every day.

“Come on give it all you got!” John yelled and every student put every last ounce of energy they had in them to run the rest of the way at somewhere close to their top speed. Eventually everyone made it across the finish line and their legs were about ready to give way to their own body weight.

“W…What was…what was our” said one of the student who was too out of breath to finish his sentence. Their coach looked at the timer and smiled making everyone’s hopes go up thinking that they had finally done it.

“15 seconds too late” he said which caused everyone else to fall over.

“That’s the second time today my hopes were shot…” John said getting back up. “But there is still hope, we were able to shave another 15 seconds off our time” John said and everyone else agreed. Everyone rested up for a couple minutes before they all showered and made their ways home.

“I’m getting faster…but it’s not enough…I need something to help increase my speed…but what?” John thought to himself as he walked home so he could rest up for a new day.
Back to top Go down
RedGangsterBear
Admin
RedGangsterBear

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Grasp His Ball, Win the Game!   Chapter 4: Grasp His Ball, Win the Game! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 10:38 pm

Mr. Strohs sat in his office, which was inside of the Senior Males locker room. He heard the door open, and a voice ranged out.

"Hey coach! Forgot somthin'!" the voice called. Stroh looked up from his desk, recognizing his voice. He didn't go into the locker room however, not seeing the point.

"Ah, Nathan..." Stroh said.

"Yep, how's it goin'?" the voice said back, as he opened his locker.

"Just the usual. Although...I did realize something..." the Strohs said. Nathan closing his locker could be heard.

"Oh?"

"I realized your brother is in one of my classes." Stohs said, strolling back in his chair from which had wheels. Nathan didn't say anything. "He even did fairly well. Though just like you...he didn't pass..." Strohs smirked.

"Yeah, bro is pretty good! I remember being a freshmen..." Nathan laughed.

"Seems like forever ago, that's back when you use to call me by my last name!" Nathan continued. Strohs looked annoyed.

"If you have what you came for, you can leave Mr. Lawson." Strohs said. "Why you gotta be that way?" Nathan laughed, and the door closing could be heard.

Strohs shook his head in irritation, than cracked a smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: Grasp His Ball, Win the Game!   Chapter 4: Grasp His Ball, Win the Game! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 4: Grasp His Ball, Win the Game!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2